Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Brotherly Love

Nothing too terribly exciting has been going on around here since the last group left. I've mostly been in the office getting contact information for the potential groups of volunteers. Its been fun getting to talk to people that are really excited about coming down here and serving.
One thing that I've noticed since being here is that the community is actually a community! What belongs to one person, essentially belongs to the next because everybody shares everything. It makes me wonder if things would be different if there were more resources for the people here. I think that how they take care of each other, is how Christ wants us to live.

1 comment:

Skudlarek's said...

It is interesting to think if they had everything we have how would they act with it? Is it that all this "stuff" corrupts your sharing or is it just a part of them and their culture to share. Do you know what I mean? Love ya