Friday, May 2, 2008

Part of the community

Living here has been quite an experience. Not only do I work at BMH, but sometimes staying busy with things that are going on in the community feels like my second job. I came down here with the anticipation of getting a lot of reading and down time at night... thats definitely not the case. This past week I went and helped out at youth, at the Methodist church that I go to. They are having a huge youth meeting for people that live on Eleuthera and the surrounding islands Saturday, in order to hear the views and opinions about the conference from the youth. Then last night, Emily and I had a suprise visitor that came over and brought ice cream treats for my birthday. We've both been approached about volunteering at the library in James Cistern (JC), and today, we're about to start hiking down to Governor's Harbour to help serve at a lunch for some type of church meeting. Life is busy, but life is good. Well, off to hike.

3 comments:

The Willis Family said...

Sounds like fun! I'm counting down the days til you come home though. I really can't wait!

lindsay said...

Leia, I'm so glad I get to see you before too long. I'm also SO glad for what a great experience working in Eleuthera has been for you. Sounds like its been perfect for you and for the people you're helping. See ya soon

PJ said...

Hi Leia

Thank you for your comments on my blog. You can reach me through my contact form on my website. I will try to come by the camp next year to see how things are going. Keep up the great work!

pj