Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cliff Jumping Anyone?!


I’m so glad to be back in the Bahamas!! On my first day back, Abe and Emily wanted to welcome me back by taking me to jump off of some cliffs. Almost everybody that lives here on the island knows about these particular cliffs. They are a little over 40 feet high, and you can only jump on a day where the Atlantic is very calm. It would be very dangerous to do on a day where there are big waves, because you have to allow the waves to carry you onto coral, and then climb up the rocks. Thankfully, the water was calm enough, so we made our way to the top of the cliff. Looking down off the edge was incredibly scary! I was instructed to land in the water like a pencil… well, that is easier said than done when you’re petrified. My feet ended up going into the water first, but my butt was second. It hurt so badly, but I was excited that I had done it! I decided to give it a second try and see if I could do it any better. That next jump was painless, and really exciting. Sadly, it has been very difficult to sit this week, and I’ve never been more bruised in my life, but I will definitely be doing it again!! The picture is of Abe and 3 volunteers jumping off the cliff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candice said...

I'm glad you finally got to go and I'm glad you liked it! Too bad I was too much of a chicken while I was there... :)

lindsay said...

oh man, Leia, cool! This jump has been a long time coming. I'm glad it was worth the wait.